From the manufacturer
Follow Your Dog's Every Move
Using the Garmin T 5 or T 5 mini collar devices (sold separately) to transmit each dog’s location as often as every 2.5 seconds, Astro 430 is quick to pinpoint the track they’re following — even when they’re on the run. On the Astro’s bright, crisp display, you can see your dog’s current location and a trail of where he’s been. You also can switch over to the Dog Track page to view a compass pointing to your dog’s location.
Handheld Tracking System for Sporting Dogs
- Track up to 20 dogs at a time, with ranges up to 9 miles using a Garmin T 5 collar device or up to 4 miles with T 5 mini collar device
- 2.5-second update rate provides faster location tracking when dogs are on the run
- GPS/GLONASS reception enables better satellite tracking in challenging environments than GPS alone
- Comes with preloaded TOPO U.S 100K mapping and a free 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription
- Hunt Metrics data helps analyze your dogs’ hunting patterns and behaviors; view distance traveled, time afield and more
Includes preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K mapping and a free 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription.
Track up to 20 dogs from a range of up to 9 miles.
Hunt Metrics dog performance data shows distance traveled, time afield and more, so you can train your dog more effectively.
Receive notifications when a dog is 'Treed' or 'On Point', plus set up and receive bark status alerts.
With an expanded ecosystem of wireless connectivity options, Astro 430 can support unit-to-unit data transfer with a variety of compatible Garmin devices. For example, the outdoor Garmin DriveTrack 70 GPS navigator can receive and display dog positions on its moving map — with TOPO or satellite image views — showing navigation cues to your dog’s current location. Likewise, fēnix 3 GPS watches can receive dog status updates and alerts for viewing at a glance on your wrist.
Astro 430 is the new-generation Garmin GPS and GLONASS tracking system for Sporting dogs. It can track up to 20 dogs at a range of up to 9 miles -with a 2.5-Second update rate that’s twice as fast as its predecessor. So, it's quicker to pinpoint location when dogs are on the run. Intuitive and easy to use, the Astro 430 features a vibrant 2.6-Inch display, preloaded topo 100K mapping and an Optional in-unit rechargeable battery. Also includes hunt metrics Dog performance data to help analyze your dog’s tracking patterns and behaviors, so you can train more effectively.
Features & details
- Expanded dog capability - track up to 20 dogs from a range of up to 9 miles
- GPS/glonass - high-sensitivity GPS and glonass satellite reception has the ability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- Preloaded mapping - includes preloaded topo U.S. 100K mapping and a free 1-year birdseye satellite imagery subscription
- Hunt metrics - hunt metrics dog performance data shows distance traveled, time afield and more, so you can train your dog more effectively
- Optional battery - optional in-unit rechargeable nimh battery Pack or uses standard AA battery power